Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Paradise Park

We started off the first day of summer vacation today! It's my goal to do a couple of fun things with them each week. I always stress about this since Evan tends to "rule" over me, but I am determined to "be the Mommy" as Ms. Resa would say. I think I can, I think I can!

Eli and Tatum signed up for the Summer Reading program at the library. Eli has already read his first book...it's amazing how much he learned in Kindergarten. We listen to Robert Munsch read Alligator Baby online, it is always entertaining listening to him read his stories.

After that we headed over to Paradise Park. We went early and pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. Summer is off to a good start.
















Evan jumping in the pit while Eli throws balls at him.















Eli LOVES to fish. We went to the lake over the holiday weekend just so he could fish at Grandma Cindy's. Eli caught his first baby bass! He was so proud, so proud he put it in Tatum's swimming pool when she wasn't looking. Silly brother prank!

While at Paradise Park Eli spent most of his time "fishing". It's nice that he is getting older and can be trusted by himself for short periods, because you know Tatum and little Evan wanted to do something different.



















Eli digging for Dinosaur bones in the sand. "Hey Mom, look! I found one!"















"I'm going to see which one I found" What did you figure out Eli? "H'm it's hard to tell, he has so many bones"
















Tatum looks forward to face painting. Let's go Tatum. "Just a minute I need one more color...now that's just the right touch."
















We had a fun time! Wonder what the rest of the summer has in store?




No comments: