Monday, September 25, 2006

Here Little Fella

When Eli was younger his favorite book was the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Since that time he has been fascinated by caterpillars and butterflies. There are several plants in the yard that attract butterflies and Eli loves to catch him. At first I never thought he would be able to catch one, but to my surprise he is very gentle with them and has caught several. I think he might be a miniature Dr. Doolittle. He talks to them and they seem to respond.

In this picture he is searching for the perfect one to catch.



This is a picture of him putting out his finger for the butterfly (there is a butterfly on the plant, it's hard to see). During this time he is talking to the butterfly. "Here little fella. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to hold you. You are very beautiful. Mommy don't you think the butterfly is beautiful?"



This last picture is of him posing in the flower garden after his butterfly hunt.

No comments: